Recently, I posted about using my parents’ old plates to make a cake stands. Here’s another way to use plates instead of discarding them.
Broken Plate Earrings
The plate I used had a nice floral design that I thought would look interesting as ear wear.
Here’s what you need:
A small ceramic plate
Here’s what you do:
1. Place the plate in the paper bag. Then roll it closed
2. Break up the plate with the hammer (this is a great stress reliever)
3. Carefully take out two small pieces of the broken plate ( no bigger than a 1 inch)
4. sand down the sides and back of the pieces (so it’s even and to soften edges)
5. glue the earing base to the back of the 2 sanded down pieces and let dry.
Check them out: